Wednesday 14 April 2010

"Fat Cat" by James Sage and Russell Ayto - published by HarperCollinsPublishers Ltd, 2002



This has to be one of my all time favourite books. I bought it as soon as I saw it at Waterstones in 2003 - yes, it was for my kids who did love the story and the pictures but it's been kept in my library ever since!
Russell Ayto is one of the most exciting, talented and technically brilliant illustrators working in the UK today. His characters are so unique and outstanding yet cute and lovable. The colours are rich and the lines playful and very scratchy! Luckily he has illustrated quite a number of children's books(various publishers such as Walkers, Puffin, Peachtree, Orchard Books, Candlestick Press and others) which I can't resist buying when I find them even though my children have grown past that age.




















No comments:

Post a Comment