Thursday 8 December 2016

"First In Line" - From The Sketchbooks Of Mattias Adolfsson" (published by Sanatorium Publishing in 2011 - New edition 2015)


Received my copy of Mattias Adolfsson's "All In Line" (a set of three books in one volume) a few days ago and I'm thrilled - the perfect Christmas present! Having been an admirer of his work for years I was, of course, familiar with a lot of his work but I wasn't prepared for the sheer volume of pictures in these books. There are hundreds of pages with high quality reproductions from his sketchbook work. Brilliant combination of surrealism, fantasy and humour. Mattias employs every object imaginable, machines, vehicles, plants, animals, architecture etc in weird and very entertaining narratives.    http://www.mattiasadolfsson.com/







1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so mesmerized by his illustrations, beautiful. I'm looking forward to enjoying his art.

    ReplyDelete